DUBAI (MPE-Media) - The Board of Directors of the World Steel Association (worldsteel) based in Brussels, elected on october the 11th its new officers for 2016/2017 at worldsteel’s 50th Annual Conference in Dubai (UAE). Nucor Corp. Ceo is worldsteel new Chairperson until next year. Details.
Left to right : Kosei Shindo (Nipponsteel), Wolfgand Eder (voestalpine), vice-chairmen, John Ferriola (Nucor) chairman (Credits voestalpine & Nucor Corp)
The new officers are elected for a one-year period until next year, says worldsteel spokewoman in a press release before the end of worldsteel global annual meeting in Dubai (United Arabs Emirates) :
• Chairman: John FERRIOLA, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, President, Nucor Corporation
• Vice Chairman: Kosei SHINDO, Representative Director & President, Nippon Steel and Sumitomo Metal Corporation
• Vice Chairman: Dr Wolfgang EDER, Chairman & CEO, voestalpine AG – one of the previous worldsteel’s chairmen
• Treasurer: Eiji HAYASHIDA, President & CEO, JFE Holdings Inc.
Mr. John Ferriola began serving as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Nucor Corp. in January 2014 and as Chief Executive Officer in January 2013. Previously he served as President and Chief Operation Officer from 2011 to 2013. Prior to this, Mr. Ferriola served as Chief Operating Officer of Steel Making Operations from 2007 to 2011. He served as an Executive Vice President of Nucor from 2002 to 2007 and was a Vice President from 1996 to 2001. He was Vice President and General Manager of the Crawfordsville, Indiana sheet mill from 1998 to the end of 2001; He was General Manager of Nucor Steel, Norfolk, Nebraska from 1995 to 1998; General Manager of Vulcraft, Grapeland, Texas in 1995; and Manager of Maintenance and Engineering at Nucor Steel, Jewett, Texas from 1992 to 1995.
"Economic strength comes from making"
« Nucor believes that America’s economic strength comes from making, building and innovating right here in the United States. A robust manufacturing base is essential to a thriving economy and jobs that pay America’s workers well », can we read on the american Cy website.
« I am delighted that John Ferriola has taken up the position of Chairman. He has made invaluable contributions to worldsteel in the past not only as Vice Chairman, but also as a member of the Executive Committee and Chairman of the Education and Training Committee. I am pleased that we will continue to benefit from the expertise of both Dr Wolfgang Eder, who becomes Vice Chairman, and Eiji Hayashida, who continues in his role as Treasurer. I warmly welcome Kosei Shindo as Vice Chairman and of course I warmly welcome the new members of our association », says on behalf of the Board of Directors, Edwin Basson, Director General, worldsteel.
The Board of Directors also elected the 2016/17 Executive Committee:
John FERRIOLA, Nucor Corporation
Wolfgang EDER, voestalpine AG
Eiji HAYASHIDA, JFE Holdings, Inc.
Heinrich HIESINGER, thyssenkrupp
Sajjan JINDAL, JSW Steel Ltd
André GERDAU JOHANNPETER, Gerdau S.A.
Oh-Joon KWON, POSCO
Mario LONGHI, United States Steel Corporation
Lakshmi MITTAL, ArcelorMittal
Alexey MORDASHOV, Severstal JSC
Paolo ROCCA, Techint Group
Kosei SHINDO, Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation
XU Lejiang, Baosteel Group
YU Yong, Hesteel Group Co., Ltd.
and Edwin BASSON, worldsteel GM.
The Board of Directors also welcomed the following companies as new members of worldsteel:
Regular members (steel companies producing more than 2 million short tons (1.8 Mt) per annum):
• Baotou Iron & Steel (Group) Co., Ltd., represented by SUN Guolong
• British Steel, represented by Roland JUNCK
• CITIC Pacific Special Steel Holdings, represented by YU Yapeng
• TsingShan Iron and Steel Group, represented by XIANG Guangda
Associate members (steel companies producing more than 2 million short tons (1.8 Mt) per annum):
• The Rani Re-Rolling Mills Ltd., represented by Sumon CHOWDHURY
Affiliated members (steel-related organisations):
• Association of Enterprises UKRMETALURGPROM, represented by Oleksandr KALENKOV
• Australian Steel Institute (ASI), represented by Anthony DIXON
• Canadian Institute of Steel Construction (CISC-ICCA), represented by Edward WHALEN
• FEhS Institute for Constructions Materials Research, represented by Thomas REICHE
Worldsteel economics Comitee just released its forecasts for 2016 & 2017 (to read in another issue of our news or HERE).
Jo Gatsby with worldsteel
ABOUT WORLDSTEEL - The World Steel Association (worldsteel) is one of the largest and most dynamic industry associations in the world. worldsteel members represent approximately 85% of the world's steel production, including over 150 steel producers with 9 of the 10 largest steel companies, national and regional steel industry associations, and steel research institutes.
Mis à jour (Mercredi, 12 Octobre 2016 16:27)